Never wait for your roof to crumble or to leak before you repair it. However, the kind of roofing material and the number of years it has been in existence should directly point you to when you need to carry out roof repairs or new installation.
Here are other signs that will indicate to you when you need to begin a roofing project:
1. Check the condition of your shingles: If you find damaged, peeling, or cracked shingles on your roof, then you should think about replacing your roof. Additionally, check your gutters for shingle granules. If you see a lot of asphalt material in your eavestrough they are on the way out, then you should start to get some roof quotes. The sooner you change the roofing material the less damage you do to the roofing plywood and avoid leaks.
2. If you have a metal roof: Check the overall state of the metal roofing material. For instance, if you’re using metal for your roofing, inspect the entire metal roofing system including seams and flashings. If the metal roof has any sign of damage like rusting, then you should think of getting things repaired. Also, check for signs of a sagging roof. If there any signs of sag spots, trapped moisture, or boards that have started to rot, you may have trapped moisture in your roof deck.
3. Check when the last roof construction was done or repaired: This is not always possible, but if you purchase a home, ask the last homeowners or the realtor when the last roof was put on. You can also inquire about any warranties that may be transferred over to you. You may also contact a local roofer like AK Enterprises to have a look just to be sure it’s still in good shape.
4. Check for roof deck or attic: Survey your roof for any signs of mildew growth or mold. The appearance of growth such as moss, fungi, or mold is a warning that your roof ventilation is unreliable and that it may have trapped moisture. Remember bad ventilation is the #1 cause of failing roofs. You may want to get into the attic with a flashlight and double-check that everything is staying dry up there as well.
Although all the points above indicate a problem with your roof, you should always contact a roofing company with high standards and decades of experience like AK Enterprises Roofing. We will review the issue, and they will provide professional input on what to do for a roof leak or reconstruction of the roof deck.
• The company has many years of asphalt shingle roofing experience in Central Ontario.
• It has served hundreds of asphalt roofing customers.
• Member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau • They are professional certified roofing installers.
• Their work is covered by WSIB.
• Homeowners are protected by manufactures’ warranty coverage when they use their services.
We even offer a customized customer portal directly for your personal roofing job, so you can keep track of every stage of construction and keep important documents all in one place!
Contact AK Enterprises Roofing to get started on your roofing project in Alliston, Ontario ASAP. We look forward to exceeding your expectations. As one of the top-rated roofing contractors for the area, we are committed to quality work and your happiness.