There are a few common mistakes that home owners don’t consider when choosing a roofing contractor that can get them into a real mess. We have created a check list of things you should look for from any roofing contractor that you are receiving an estimate from. After comparing the sheets you should be in a better position in making a truly informed decision on which roofing company to trust your home to. This can save homeowners thousands by being educated on the proper questions to ask during a roofing quote.
Ask the Roofing Company these Questions…
1. Are you licensed Roofing Company with Province of Ontario?
2. Will there be a certified asphalt installer on my roof and can you provide copies of certifications?
3. Do you have general liability insurance and can I get copies?
4. Do you carry Workers Comp on employees and can I get confirmation?
5. Do you have at least 10 references and referrals available for Review?
6. How long has your Roofing Company been in business?
7. Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau and what is your rating?
8. Do you specialize in any roofing products that offer more value than others?
9. What type of Warranty coverage Am I receiving for both Materials and Labour?
10. Do you clean up daily after each work site?
11. Does your Roofing Company provide a detailed custom proposal in writing?
12. Is your Roofing Crew employed or Subcontracted?
13. Do I trust the contractor?
14. Do you install roofing ventilation systems with the asphalt?
15. How comfortable am I with the contractor (high pressure sales)?
16. Was the contractor both friendly and knowledgeable?
17. What are my deciding factors in deciding to work with this contractor, Price, Quality or Value?
18. When you start my roof, will you work through to completion of jump from job to job?
19. When you get the shingles delivered to my house, do you get them boomed up to the roof and how long will they sit there?
As you can see there are a few things to ask your Roofing Contractor to make sure you are covered in all cases of new asphalt roofing installs and repairs.
Having this checklist should empower you to make an informed decision when it comes time to purchase a new roof.
(PDF Will Download)
If you are ready to put our Roofing Company to the test, we are here and ready to give you a free asphalt roofing estimate. Call us today at (705) 737-1142 or Use our Contact Form to request more information about a new asphalt roof or roof repairs.